Saturday, March 14, 2009

Photobucket
The Vatican City - St. Peter's

Photobucket
The crowd waiting to see the Pope.

Photobucket
The Pope, a Bishop, and his sketchy photographer. No, he's cool.

Photobucket
St. Peter's. Mmm.

Photobucket
La Pieta by Michelangelo. This has to be the most beautiful sculpture I've ever seen. I might've turned to jelly when I turned my head to the right and caught glimpse of it.

Photobucket
Assisi. Though this is just one photo that does not do justice to the whole of Assisi (on the trip we took on Friday), it is appropriate for displaying my favorite part of the trip. This is the olive grove where we took a break from walking. One of the leaders brought his guitar and we sang songs in Enlglish, Italian, and Spanish. The sun was shining, the weather was warm, the air was cool, the view of the hills, vineyards and towns was breathtaking, and when the music stopped, we heard different churches sounding their church bells in the distance, resounding from the hills. Though I had woken up feeling sick that morning and my muscles were screaming for rest, I don't think I ever felt more at rest and peace in that very moment.

I truly feel I am cutting you all short, as I am not able to post as many photos as I'd like to. I wish I could show you everything and give you the full scoop. I guess you'll have to catch me online sometime or come find me when I come home... if I ever do come home :P. Oh, I love it here. This is amazing.

1 comment: