Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I spent Saturday in a town called Arezzo, and I stupidly forgot to bring my camera! It was absolutely beautiful. This was a trip apart from the program, so it was just a group of friends that went. We took a train toward Florence, and stopped at Arezzo, where we had plenty of time to explore, walk the streets, see inside churches and buildings, shop, and have lunch out in the park with a view similar to one we get in Orvieto. It was such a beautiful day and a really great time.

Sunday was spent in Rome again. That was another great trip. I'll tell ya, if you spend a day in Rome, you'll be exhausted by the end of the day no matter what. There's so much to see and so much to do. Rome is breathtaking. You could be walking down any old street, turn the corner, and BAM - there's a huge statue or building or monument that you'd seen in the history books and never could've imagined in person. We're going back tomorrow (Wednesday) to be present in the papal audience and see the Pope. Millions of people would die to have such an opportunity, and somehow the opportunity is given to me. I thank God every day for letting me spend this time in Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment