Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photo post...

Photobucket
Statue of Marcus Aurelius in Rome.

Photobucket
Friends.

Photobucket
The Colosseum.

Photobucket
The Pantheon.

Photobucket
The oculus of the Pantheon, it's only source of light.

Photobucket
My director's sons in a playhouse.

Photobucket
Hillside view of Orvieto.

Photobucket
Another view looking out. It never gets old.

Photobucket
I bought a Totti shirt with some friends on Fat Tuesday.

Photobucket
Orvieto main street at night.

So far, my experience has been amazing. Every day is new and has something else to offer. As far as my studies go, right now I'm in a history class with everyone else on the program. It lasts 3 hours for four days a week, and will end in a little over two weeks. Then, my art courses will begin :). I feel like I've been here for much longer than I really have, and I'm very well oriented already. It was an easy adjustment to the schedule and new lifestyle.

Most nights consist of hanging out in the monastery's sala, at a cafe, or wandering the streets. It's awesome trying to communicate with the people here because they are very patient in understanding our broken Italian. I've had some good encounters already, and I'm learning more every day. I feel the need to tell you that the rumors are true... gelato will change your life! Haha, I will never look at ice cream the same again. But it's not just the food here that's giving me new perspectives. It is the people, the opportunities, the travelling, and the experiences I never thought I could have. This is quite the journey, and I plan to take in everything this experience has to offer. Of course, there will be those ups and downs, and there already have been. No matter what, I always have someone to talk to when I wake up, when I lie down, or any time of day. He is the reason I am here.

1 comment: