Monday, June 1, 2009

My Grandfather's spirit is a thousand times stronger than his body. Please pray that he makes it through this, too.

I'm in the last days of my stay in Italy. Just 11 days left. I can't believe it went so fast, and nothing can calculate how truly amazing this experience has been. At the two-month-mark, I felt an unfamiliar, unsettling dread that only two months remained, and that was quite the struggle. Now, I feel a healthy pull towards home. No, I don't want to leave. If I can, I'm coming back. But I can firmly say that on the day that I take my bags and get on that plane, it will have been the best it could have and should have been.

All things outside of my control, I give to my Father. Uncertainty is faith. Not knowing, I will only trust.

1 comment:

  1. hey you!

    I will keep your grandpa in my prayers, i know how special granpas are!
    I really liked what you wrote about leaving!

    keep on carving my dear! i am really excited to see your finished piece! and I am very glad that I got to know you here and have another year to continue getting to know you!

    love you snenno!

    ReplyDelete