Monday, June 22, 2009

I thought I wouldn't be posting here anymore since I'm home, but I was reading "Streams in the Desert" today. My friend from the program recommended it to me, and I thought it would be a great help in processing my time away. There was a poem in today's devotional that hit home. I had to read it atleast twice. It more than fits why I decided to leave and how I healed in ways I had both hoped I would, and ways I was unaware of. Even when I've forgotten that my God is there, He is. Even when I've forgotten how His hand has been in my life, or forgotten that He is still at work, He is.

There was a scar on yonder mountainside,
Gashed out where once the cruel storm had trod;
A barren, desolate chasm, reaching wide
Across the soft green sod.

But years crept by beneath the purple pines,
And veiled the scar with grass and moss once more,
And left it fairer now with flowers and vines
Than it had been before.

There was a wound once in a gentle heart,
From which life's sweetness seemed to ebb and die;
And love's confiding changed to bitter smart,
While slow, sad years went by.

Yet as they passed, unseen an angel stole
And laid a balm of healing on the pain,
Till love grew purer in the heart made whole,
And peace came back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment